Hydraulics for Normal Circulation
Developed as a comprehensive drilling hydraulics program, Hydraulics for Normal Circulation evaluates fluid hydraulics for drilling, completion and workover operations. This module covers a wide range of hydraulics issues, including:
- pressure drops and flow regimes
- equivalent circulation densities (ECDs)
- nozzle selection
- hole cleaning efficiencies
- volumetric displacements.
In addition, Hydraulics for Normal Circulation accounts for influence of tool joints on hydraulics and enhances the efficiency of cuttings transport. The module automatically determines the rheological model, such as Newton, Power Law, Bingham and Herschel-Bulkley, which best meets your drilling hydraulic program’s needs.
Hydraulics for Normal Circulation effectively models deviated wells. With this module, your team can perform sensitivity analysis and flow animation and assess pore and fracture gradients.
Using Hydraulics for Normal Circulation, your team can identify and evaluate a variety of potential problems and perform trouble-shooting, such as determining if a formation will break down, if a kick might occur and what is the optimal nozzle area. This module improves workflows by displaying calculated data in graphs for quick, easy analysis.
Hydraulics for Surge & Swab
Hydraulics for Surge & Swab performs calculations to measure the effects of surge and swab operations on annular pressures and ECD at the bottom of the hole. With this module, your team can seamlessly determine the allowable range of drill-string tripping speeds, enabling the drilling program to avoid costly circulation problems and formation breakdowns.
Hydraulics for HTHP Wells
For drilling engineers, HTHP wells carry unique challenges. For example, accurate modeling of downhole conditions is essential in formations that are characterized by small margins between pore and frac pressure. Additionally, the density and rheological properties of synthetic and oil-based muds are more highly affected by changes in temperatures and pressures than other mud types.
Hydraulics for HTHP Wells was specifically developed to handle these complexities. This module is recognized within the industry for its proven track record of accurately predicting:
- pump pressures
- downhole pressures
- frictional pressure losses
This model can be applied to a range of muds, including synthetic, less toxic oil and diesel oil. Hydraulics for HTHP Wells offers flexibility in selecting the Bingham and Power-Law rheological models. Users also can enter additional rheological laboratory data for special fluids. By applying Hydraulics for HTHP Wells, temperature and pressure effects on properties can be easily evaluated and then compared to uncorrected values.
Hydraulics for Underbalanced Drilling
Pressure prediction and determination of cuttings transport velocities have become increasingly more difficult to determine as the complexity of defining flow for multiphase compressible media continues to grow. Hydraulics for Underbalanced Drilling has earned a reputation as the most complete air/mist/foam and flow drilling hydraulics program in the market. This software tool sets the industry standard in successfully evaluating and developing underbalanced drilling operational parameters.
Hydraulics for Underbalanced Drilling calculates the influence of various factors, including cuttings size, gas and liquid injection rates, ROP, and choke pressure on cuttings velocity. By applying this module, you can optimize annular foam and cuttings velocities, foam quality and annular density. This tool accurately predicts bottomhole pressure during drilling operations as well as gas/liquid rates to achieve the required surface foam quality.
This module, which provides three foam rheology models, handles gas mixtures, calculates mixture properties, models influxes and analyzes jet-sub designs. Also included in this software are a pressure-matching feature and a tubular database.
Wellbore Thermal Simulation
High downhole temperatures can create exceptional demands on drilling fluids and production systems. The prediction of downhole pressures and flow conditions for two-phase drilling fluids, which frequently are used in underbalanced drilling programs, carries high uncertainty and risk. Wellbore Thermal Simulation was designed to resolve these problems, enabling accurate prediction of wellbore temperature profiles (the cooling of the formation and warming of the fluid). With this module, a wide range of well operations can be modeled, including injection, production, forward circulation and reverse circulation with liquid, gas or two-phase steam.
Using Wellbore Thermal Simulation, the calculated wellbore thermal profile can then be easily open in the Hydraulics for Underbalanced Drilling module, streamlining the workflows for your team. Wellbore Thermal Simulation determines temperature gradients in multi-layer rock formations, accounts for mixing and cooling in surface systems, allows multiple fluid types, and handles wellbores of any inclination.
Advantages to Your Company
- Allows your team to identify and evaluate a variety of potential problems and perform trouble-shooting concerning hydraulics for long reach, horizontal and HTHP wells
- Streamlines workflows where one module can be opened while working with another module
- Models wide range of well operations, including injection, production, forward circulation and reserve circulation with liquid, gas or two-phase steam
- Gives your team access to industry-leading software tools designed specifically for drilling hydraulics
- Provides comprehensive drilling hydraulics program, specifically designed to address wide range of drilling challenges
- Evaluates fluid hydraulics for drilling, completion and workover operations
- Calculates influences of various factors, including cuttings size, gas and liquid injection rates, ROP and choke pressure on cuttings velocity
- Predicts accurate bottomhole pressure during drilling operations as well as gas/liquid rates to achieve required surface foam quality
- Determines automatically which rheological model best meets your drilling hydraulic program needs
- Includes pressure-matching feature and tubular database
- Predicts accurate pump pressures, downhole pressures, fictional pressure losses and ECDs