The basic level of Petris GIS training program is intended to provide introductory of the GIS technology. Both classroom lectures and laboratory exercises will be used along with industry data sets to provide a working knowledge of the technology as well as its uses for asset management in the oil and gas industry.
The course provides an introduction to the use of ESRI GIS software ArcGIS. The course will focus on the use of GIS in the oil and gas industry, the sources and types of data necessary to build GIS databases, GIS processing to produce maps and data sets.
After completing the course, students will understand:
- Browsing GIS data sets
- Operating the industry standard GIS software product – ArcGIS
- Importing GIS data sets
- Building map projects
- Proceeding to data query and extraction
- Creating map layers from field data
- All training is conducted in ArcMap 9.x
- Course notes, lecture materials, and training exercises are provided
- The course consists of both lecture and hands-on exercises
- The course is conducted by one or two Petris instructors
The course is conducted over a 2 day period at the Petris training facilities in Houston, TX, London, UK or Toulouse, FR.